Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Miniature Christmas Stockings

Here are my Miniature Christmas Stockings that I gave you a sneak preview of the other day! I made these to give out to future hostesses with a gift certificate in them. Each stocking is approximately 7" tall by 5" wide. They would be perfect for gift cards, money or gift certificates. They are also just the right size to fill with candy canes or other goodies.
It would look really cute as an ornament on a Christmas tree filled with mini presents or to be used as home decor on the mantel!

CLICK HERE to get the FREE template to make these!

Here are the instructions:
Print out the template and cut out two stockings exactly the same. I used a sewing machine to sew the two layers together but you could also use a thin line of Tombow adhesive and just use the white gel pen to draw faux stitches on.


Out of very Vanilla card stock I cut a 7 1/2" x 2 1/4" strip and folded it in half. I used the scallop edge punch starting at the crease so when you do both sides they will line up. I then stamped the leaves from the Peaceful Season stamp set on the edges.


Using Tombow you are going to glue the Vanilla top onto the stocking. I used the Crop-a-dile to put holes in and twine to keep the Deck the Halls button on.


Here is the finished button so the twine goes through all the holes. Now I used a spray bottle of rubbing alcohol and srayed only the red stocking part. This makes the paper pliable and easy to puff open the stocking so you can shape it. I used my bone folder to stick inside and open it up while its wet. It dries fast so work quick and don't get the stamped top wet or it will run. Once it's dry its easier to fill!


Here is another version using the same stamp set.
Hope you like them!
Related Posts with Thumbnails