Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Candy Wrapper Box - Turkey

I know my projects have skipped ahead to Christmas already, but don't worry, I still have some great Thanksgiving stuff too!
I saw these great little Candy Wrapper die boxes HERE and just had to make Linksome of my own! I thought a turkey would be perfect and of course I had to use the Spice Cake DSP from the Holiday Mini because I am totally obsessed with it.
Here is how I made this little box! I think I may have to have Thanksgiving at my house this year just so I can make these for each spot at the table. How cute would these be filled with little treats and holding names as place cards!?
Here is how I made them!

Cut out two Candy Wrapper Die pieces using the Big Shot. I did the body out of Soft Suede card stock. You are going to cut the end section off of both pieces. Put glue on the small tab on the side and stick them together. Then put glue on the other side tab and make the little box.


Once they are together, you can cut between the tabs on one side only. Fold them in and glue them together to form the bottom of your box.


Fold in the top pieces and put a ribbon though going in and out every square hole.


I used the 2-1/2" Circle Punch with Spice Cake DSP to make the turkey feathers. Arrange them like this on your paper and then put on glue and stick them on. I found this easier then putting them on one at a time.


The eyes are using the 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches and the mouth and red gobble are cut freehand using More Mustard and Cherry Cobbler card stock.
Related Posts with Thumbnails